Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'd Rather be Eaten by a Crefgard Slooberwisk

So, I tried to uplink my chronicles to the Sorting Brain today and guess what? Yep, it's busy. It's been constantly able to take care of giberwits of information for more turns than a bartflee has ears but now (all of a sudden - shock, horror) it's busy - "Please try your request after 27 Kyrion Standard Time"

Being shoved down here "on location" is bad enough, but not being able to reach my public is unacceptable. This paltry outlet for my creative talents is worse than being stuck in a box on a slow ship to Frigio.

I know it's heaven for you few readers who happen upon this masterpiece of a chronicle to bask in my glorious messages, but for me it's...

Let me just pause to say there is no language on earth to convey how I feel - I spent the first few days learning them all and finally settled on English - not because it was the best - frankly there was an obscure Aboriginal dialect that was a lot more expressive in that it didn't sound like a Verol eleflat blowing its glandular appendage - but English seemed to be the most widely abused - plus getting an Aboriginal keyboard was a joke - bloody customer service!

Anyway the closest word is ghnarltifoost - though the Quijaks would strangle me by my brush hairs for attempting to scribe it into this abominable language. I actually yelled it out today while being conveyed on the horrendous public transportation you humans entitle "the tube" (which carries twice as many passengers than can actually fit into the space as defined by the laws of physics) and miraculously and immediately got given enough space to check my pockets only to find them lighter than when I entered.

Some lucky thief is now the proud owner of a Hyrinian grapple coin. You humans don't understand the concept of a physical object being a negative currency. Since it was freely taken from me, the new owner has unknowingly assumed possession of the debt associated with that coin (a few drinks in a shady bar around the rings of a distant blue planet whose name remains as fuzzy as the evening's events - though the Bynthio bartender still remembers the night down to the last borrowed drop.) And so the thief will have to pay it some way or another - shame. I was getting a little worried about that one - it was almost due.

I will stop now and try to uplink my chronicles to a place that matters.

End Transmission.

1 comment:

CYLinfo said...

Sorting Brains typically have to be re-booked after 13 giberwits of information transfer, as any novice in the cyber-galactic figgleplex is aware of. So, do your homework next time and wait the standard 13.25 Kyrion units until signing on to your Interfibbit account next time.

Other than that, just have a nice day!